Skip to main content

Kids Love Them.... Adults Hate Them.




After finding endless amounts of Bunchems stuck in the living room rug, I began mentally listing the irritating toys we have in our house, so I have compiled them into a list for you and see if you share the same pain.
Jack picking toys at Toys R Us!
 
Here goes...

1.       Furby. Jack likes his furby, the feeling is not mutual. Furby is irritating when he is in a good mood, when he goes off on one, and is telling you to shut up and sarcastically repeating ‘Oh my God’ at me, he is going to get thrown out of the window. Jack still believes his batteries have gone.


2.       Lego!! Lego is great, its great for childs development and fine motor skills, especially as Jack has recently been diagnosed with DCD, so I tolerate the mess it causes. However, its not great when you are standing on pieces of it running to the loo in the middle of the night or jamming the hoover with that important piece that means the entire set is now non and void.


3.       Nerf Anything.. There is a current nerf obsession in our house now, I find nerf bullets everywhere I go, whether I’m washing the pots or cleaning the bathroom, there are always nerf bullets. I find them in my pockets, in my shoes and even in my hair! Then on the one day a week I get a lie in, the boys decide to load their weapons and awaken me with bullets firing of my head!


Jacks 6th Birthday with his fave prezzie!



4.       Bunchems. I thought bunchems looked new and different, they certainly are. They are easy to build unique creations for young children. If you have relatively normal children, you may find them endearing. Nether less, normal isn’t a word id use to describe my boys. Bunchems get stuck in your hair when your children decide to throw them around, they are impossible to peal of your older sons hockey shin pads when the little one thought it would be hilarious to decorate them. They stick themselves to shaggy rugs like nit eggs do to your darlings hair strands.

5.       Hatchimal. We succumbed to the pressure of the hatchimal on Jacks 6th Birthday which he called Dragon, imagine a whiny baby that doesn’t want to be put down, you’ve got the hatchimal! It sets you back sixty pounds and a portion of your sanity. The most exciting part was it hatching and the batteries going flat. It’s similar to Furby but without the obnoxious attitude and has a slightly better accent. Due to allergies, we cannot have fluffy pets in our house so Dragon was the alternative, Jack does carry it around like a baby for around 5 minutes a day still after a month but play value has nothing on Playmobil and Nerf.

Dragon hatching!

6.       Toot Toot Track..This is a series of toys made by vtech, aimed at age range 18 months to 5 years. They come with delightful leaflets of the toot toot town built with all the sets together that no 18 month old, let alone a 5 year old would be able to accomplish. End result..Mummy has to step in and spend 2 hours building it while all the little cars sing ‘charming’ songs at you! Its also incredibly bulky, and now lives in our shed outside and gets built along the path outside.

The track designed for 18 month olds to build ;)


7.       Playmobil.. I think the amount of detail that goes into Playmobil is amazing. You may need a bank loan for a decent amount but we have built our collection over a few years. However, it has similar traits to Lego that it has so many tiny parts that require building before you can play. Reconstruction also repeatedly required through play when your heavy handed 6-year-old collapses the fire station and hospital several times and then at the end of every day when there is a row of Playmobil police officers waging war against the Skylanders across the laminate. Parents can have their own fun with playmobil however, take a look at the arrested stripper in the police station…

Stripper at the Police Station!

8.       Pokemon Cards. I hate Pokemon cards! The amount of times I have picked them up off the floor and they don’t really seem to offer any entertainment value. Just encourages an already particular child to arrange piles of cards in certain orders and the clumsy messy child to throw them back all over the floor. They’ve joined the Lego on top of the wardrobes that cannot be reached, however Nathan always wants too buy more!!

Nothing currently makes my boys smile more than Nerf toys!! What is your child's favourite toy? Maybe one that drives you equally insane as Furby does to me!

Happy Child!


You can follow me on Twitter @sixhandssixfeet to keep up with the mischief.
Much Love Jxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show #Jack Love... We Need Your Help!!

  As I am sure many of you know, it’s been a tough time for England over the last couple of months. We as a country have seen things we never wanted too. Our children of the UK were targeted at Ariana Grande's 'Dangerous Woman' concert at Manchester Arena. Sadly, we lost 22 lives, one little 8-year-old child from our town. Then again in London, we faced further terrorist attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market. This attack did not just affect the United Kingdom, but citizens from all over the world lost their lives. After all, we are a multi-cultural country where everyone is an individual. Where we welcome all to live peacefully amongst us. Thank fully the majority are just that, peaceful and kind.  The nature of our country shone through when we were stuck with further disaster, L ondon faced the towering inferno of Grenfell Tower which was truly heart-breaking and the death toll is still rising. The country is pulling together once again to support these victim

Birds and the Bees...

  After the very public questioning from Nathan on the bus the other day about the meaning of ‘semen’ following his lesson on reproduction at school, today he announces ‘Mummy, did you know sometimes girls kiss boy’s willies, why would they do that?’ Followed by ‘Is it true men stick willies up peoples’ bums?’, I began to think it was time for the talk. For those of you who have not read my previous posts, Nathan is 10 years old… almost 11 so I feel I’ve done well so far to avoid these types of questions. He has still never questioned me on the existence of Father Christmas which in the order of child development, I’m sure would have come first.   I was slightly wary of this talk, I was given the job of telling my little brother about the birds and the bees when he was in year 6. He wound up being gay, I’m sure I told him right. In fact, I’m positive I told him what went in what hole. I even drew him diagrams to show him what went where as he was in shock. He is not so innocent

A few of #jack love piccies, he loves them! Keep them coming!